September 9, 2010

CTD Event: Brittanie's Quinceanera


I am so excited to launch our blog with a Quinceanera I planned for Brittanie. I spent months planning this event with her mom, Denise, ensuring every details was highlighted. Brittanie had a traditional Catholic ceremony at St. John Newman's Catholic Church in the foothills


















Brittanie chose a beautiful white ball gown for her ceremony dress and changed into a breathtaking blue gown for the reception along with her trusty tennis shoes!


















Using the event colors of black, blue and silver we created these striking yet modern looking centerpieces;





























Guests enjoyed a delicious dinner followed by traditional Quinceanera activities like the father & daughter dance, giving of the baby doll and changing of the shoes. Guests really enjoyed the candy buffet which set a new level of creativity for Circle The Date Events. With over 200 pounds of candy and over 35 jar options. I learned the hard way not to plan a candy buffet when on a diet!! Enjoy the eye candy;
























































































































































































I wanted the candy buffet to grab the attention of the guests so I brought in my lighting crew to up light the entire room in different shades of blues and a metal dress form for the center of the table. I had the florist create a choker made from flowers as well as a belt for the top of the black tutu. We definitely got the guests attention as you could hear the oohs and ahhhs across the room!







































Brittanie chose a Cake Shoes spinning cake stand for her Quinceanera cake and we teamed up with our favorite baker, Jamie of Yuma Couture Cakes, to ensure our design would match the coloring of the cake EXACTLY! The guests had never seen a spinning cake stand and Jamie's work was definitely worth seeing in all 360 degrees. While shopping out of town I found a high heel cake server that I bought as a gift for Brittanie and I loved the look on her face when she saw it! The perfect addition!!






























































To ensure the guests kept dancing the night away we put a flip flop basket in the ladies restroom. I created a custom sign which matched all of the paper products used at the reception which read;

"Dance around in your pretty shoes, and never miss a beat but when they ache just take a break and wear these on your feet!"


















A huge thank you to my friendor Kim Garcia, of Kim Garcia Photography, for these amazing pictures. When the weather changes Kim and Brittanie are planning a trash the dress session and I will bring you more pics of Brittanie enjoying her Quinceanera and the trash the dress session. 

To kick off our new blog we are offering a give-away. Leave a comment telling me what you favorite element of this event is and you will be entered to win a fall gift basket from our friends at Kneaders. This is a deluxe basket full of fall goodies like fresh baked breads and sweets. The giveaway ends Friday, September 17th at noon....good luck!

Until Next Time...Happy Planning!

Rie

28 comments:

  1. love the new blog!! I am sure you know that this party is right up my ally. I LOVE LOVE LOVE all the blue! That dress form on the candy buffet is awesome and my favorite detail for sure!
    Amber T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful job! Naturally, I am going to say that the cake is may favorite element, but I suppose there may be a bit of bias behind that decision...oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slumber Parties by Heather M.September 9, 2010 at 7:23 PM

    The tennis shoes with blue laces were so adorable!! I love how unique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my favorite part of this event had to be the flip flop basket!!! Of course it's my favorite foot decor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The party really did come out beautiful, what a gorgeous job! I was the one that made the invitations for the Quince and was glad to be a part of her special day as well. Let me know if I can help anyone else customize something for their special event :) www.duvysdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flip Flop Basket was PERFECTLY thoughtful for the ladies! I am certain they loved it! Dress form centerpiece/lighting on the candy table ran a close second. Lovely event!

    ReplyDelete
  7. UH that's a hard one .... I love the centerpieces so if I can only choose ONE thing, I'll go with those! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cake is my favorite element. It looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the dress form with flowers--fun idea. I want to be at this party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have two favorite elements for the same reason - the dress and the table centerpieces because of the height they add. The lighting also looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is amazing! one lucky girl! my fave is the shoes,so different but so cool! the cake is amazing also.everything is just so beautiful!! i love it all.so hard to choose just one thing when so many great peices.AMAZING party :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. the anonymous above was jessica s. sorry i forgot to put my name lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Julie S.--- I love the colors for this! And the candy table and lighting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the flip flop idea! Smart! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Laurie,
    What a great job you did and how lucky Yuma is to have you for event planning! I LOVE a lot of the elements. The cake was gorgeous, yet modern and hip. My favorite part of this event was the candy buffet. I love how you decorated it, highlighted the different candies and think this is fun and appropriate for the age. I know of another teen party that had a candy buffet, so I am curious if this is a new trend. It was really cute and I was so glad to see one of my very favorites from childhood: candy buttons!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Once again Jamie creates another gorgeous cake. She is one talented lady! I loved the candy theme and the cute dress form. <3 it all!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very clever! I thought the flip flops in the bathroom were such a great idea!

    Katie W.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the decor for the party!! I want to be a 15 year old girl. I think the candy towers are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I absolutely LOVE LOVE the candy centerpieces, so colorful and playful! I especially like the candy dots on paper with the sour straw one as I remember loving those dots on paper when I was 15 ! : ) SO much fun, SO COOL, FIFTEEN, and FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning event! I love the coordinating candy bar with black dress form. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Call me crazy but I really dig that manikin on the candy table! Where'd you find that?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really love how you made it so personal... the bejewled sneakers are so cute... everything looked so modern yet elegant... Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Everything on here is beautiful! You did such a great job! My favorite part is how you decorated the table with candle and that cute mannequin with the tutu!
    Kayla S.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Izabelle G. I loved the centerpieces they were adorable, Everything looked so beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am a closet party planner wannabe and love your new blog! My favorite thing to do with any party I help plan is personalization. I love how you took the youth aspect and jazzed it up for this celebration! Candy, sneakers, flip flops! It's perfect for young teens!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the candy buffet I have never seen a mannequin used that way before!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow everything looked so.amazing. I would die for.a.party like that

    ReplyDelete
  28. Denise Somoza----Laurie, I just have to say that you are the best! I just love reading all the comments on my daughter's quinceanera. You were my favorite element of that night :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If you would like a complimentary consultation please e-mail us at CircleTheDate@Hotmail.com

.
Related Posts with Thumbnails